“We’ve changed our technical infrastructure which means that, unfortunately, we can no longer support the Death in Sakkara game.”
There are at least four games, from the BBC website, that I use each year in my 6th grade social studies class, and Death in Sakkara was one of my favorites. Not only was it beloved by me but also my students. This was a game that took some skill to play and complete. So I am left with this page that explains that their technical upgrades led to the demise of this problem-solving masterpiece.… Read the rest
- “The Games That We Play”
- There are many games that Gerry and I use in the classroom. We have picked six games that we currently use and we will explain why we use them.
- Zack’s Pick- BBC Interactive Games
- Mummy Maker
- Pyramid Challenge
- Gerry’s Pick- Classic classroom games: The Great Debate
- Involves Role Play
- Students can be forced to see multiple perspectives on one issue
- Includes current events
- Zack’s Pick- Word on the Street by Out of the Box Games
- On each turn, one team flips over a category card.